Thursday, January 3, 2008

Basketball Homecoming 2008

I’m very happy that all of you have decided to join us for the Third Annual Purdue Basketball Homecoming, brought to you by The Stone Cold Tailgating Club. Unfortunately the University seems to be somewhat resistant to giving us official recognition on the scoreboard but there is no doubt about it, we have firmly established a new tradition! (I hope that everyone realizes that I’m being facetiously over the top in my comments!)

The team has been hot and cold this year, but that is to be expected when you play four true freshmen. I really think this team has a shot at an upper division finish in the Big Ten which would put us squarely in the field of 64 come March. At any rate, I’m glad we’re all going to be there on the 19th to cheer them on against the Illini. (Except for Anna who will be faithfully supporting her Illini I’m sure.)

Due to the size of our group this year (20 people) we were unable to get a block of tickets all together so we will be split into two groups of 10. (If we get 25 next year we’re eligible for group sales and will therefore be able to sit together.) I’ve shown the breakdown of who is sitting where in the section below. If people want to swap out we can do that day of game.

Saturday January 19, 2008
10:30 a.m. Meet at Union
11:00 a.m. Meet at Harry’s for Lunch and “Tailgating”
1:15 p.m. Depart for Game
2:00 p.m. Tip Off

I have reserved rooms at the Union for us to share. I will work on getting us checked in before the game, but I don’t think the policy will allow us to do that. If I do get the keys before the game I’ll hand them out to you at lunch. We can all park in the garage across from the Union regardless of what your plans are for that night (staying or driving back home.)

The room assignments are shown below please let me know if this is OK with everyone. Please bring a check payable to Eric Franklin in the amount shown. The cost structure is:
Tickets and Hotel - $56.88 Tickets Only – $24.50 Hotel Only – $32.38.




Room Assignments:



Seating:


Gold Stripes show appr. seating location:

No comments: