Each week on Saturday I wake and hope that this long nightmare will soon come to an end. I hope to arrive at the stadium to find that we're playing "basketball on grass" with an engaging and endearing head coach on the sideline. I pray that our offensive coordinator runs a scheme that is current with today's spread philosophy seen throughout the college and pro games.
What I get is a team that can't seem to move the ball past the first yard marker more than 5 times a game. I see a head coach who seems more worried about ancillary issues like pep sessions, meeting rooms, and helmets. I see an offensive coordinator that runs a system that only Alabama (with 8 professional level talents starting on offense) seems to be able to succeed with. Worst of all I see a demoralized and dwindling group of "faithful" filling the stands.
Welcome to the future of Purdue Football.
On that high note, let's prepare for a game that we MIGHT be able to be competitive in at home this year. It has been so long since I saw a game where my team has been competitive in the fourth quarter that I'm not sure I would know what to do if we kept it close.
Since we're not going to have anyone attending that hasn't been to our tailgate this year, I'll spare all of the information about where to find us. At this point the best directions I can offer just follow the stink of failure emanating from Ross-Ade and then head northwest a little bit.
Saturday November 9, 2013
8:30 a.m. Depart for the Lot
8:45 a.m. Set Up
9:45 a.m. Food is up
11:30 a.m. Depart for the Stadium
Please see our newly launched site http://gethazellfired.blogspot.com/, which as of now has the same content as our head coach: none.
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment