Friday, August 22, 2014

Football 2014

Well folks I wish I could say that I'm crazy excited for the start of football this year but the reality is that we're probably going to suffer through another tough season in West Lafayette, IN.  The team has to be more competitive this year right?  I say that only because being less competitive seems all but impossible given we were outscored 456-179 last year.

One thing that I am looking forward to this year is our tailgating, it should be a spectacular year.  We are once again slated to park in the D Lot north of the stadium.  Generally speaking we were very happy with the tailgating in D last year and hope to build on that this year!

We will be featuring the return of some of our tried and true favorites including Cheeseburgers in Paradise, Kegs and Eggs, and the ever popular Oktoberfest tailgate for Homecoming!  I've been inspired by Wrigley Field's "decade" celebrations this summer and we will be doing our first decade tailgate for MSU where we will be featuring the food, sounds, and looks of the 1970's.

We will also be doing our charity events this year.  I really do appreciate everyone that has supported our Charity endeavors over the last four years, I think it is great that our tailgating “family” is giving back.  The events will be as follows:

8/30   Western Michigan – Almost Home Pet Rescue

10/4   MSU – Coats for Kids

11/8  Wisconsin – St. Lawrence Food Pantry
The Stone Cold Tailgating Club is in effect again this year; pay one price and it covers you for the season!  There have been no changes to the pricing from last year.

In addition to the Stone Cold Tailgating Package there is also a lodging package available. With two locations I am going to leave it up to everyone to arrange their lodging each weekend by contacting Brendan and Dawn (goboilerz@yahoo.com) or Susan Franklin (susanfranklin_1814@comcast.net).

The revenues from the Stone Cold Lodging package will be put towards house upkeep, utilities, and improvement work. Each location has a “bucket” for you to make your donations.


I look forward to seeing everyone this fall!

No comments: