Monday, August 27, 2018

Game 1: Northwestern

Greetings fellow Boilermakers and welcome to Purdue Football 2018!   We are very excited to see if Coach Brohm and the team can build on last year's success and keep Purdue Football at least relevant in the Big Ten West.

It's a bit of an odd situation starting the season on a Thursday, especially since it comes against a Big Ten opponent.  (I didn't look it up but I can't remember us opening against a Big Ten opponent......EVER.)  Northwestern comes in with some questions, especially at QB after losing their starter to a knee injury in their bowl game, but Pat Fitzgerald has built a solid program and I expect them to be potent on the offensive side of the ball. 

Given that Northwestern bills themselves as "Chicago's Big Ten Team" (good luck finding anyone that buys into that,) we will be having a Chicago Themed menu.  For the deep dish fans I'm sorry to report that we'll just be having some Chicago Style hot dogs and Chicago brewed beer.

I'm sure that you have all seen the photos and are aware that we have upgraded our tailgating ambulance.  We've moved into the late 90's (from the 1983 version we had previously.)  The bay is slightly larger, but the storage space is going to be a bit different than you are used to, there is no drop down bar for example.  We have had it painted but additional decorations and adornments will take some additional time to secure.  (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217168732121363&set=pb.1561920488.-2207520000.1535364191.&type=3&theater)

We will be parked in the same location as last year, the W Lot across from Slater just west of the track and field stadium.  We will still have our normal flagpole set up and the big yellow tent.  We should be pretty easy to find if you kind of know where to look.  The map on the right side of the blog should help and as always I will "drop a pin" on the Stone Cold Facebook page.

Thursday August 30, 2018
4:15 p.m.     Depart the house
4:45 p.m.     Tailgate up and Ready
7:15 p.m.     Tailgate Breakdown
7:30 p.m.     Depart for Stadium
8:00 p.m.     Kickoff

1 comment:

Saam said...

Fantastic - looking forward to it.
Boiler Up!!