Monday, September 3, 2018

Charity Events 2018

As opposed to doing one item per week we are going to dedicate our service projects by month this year.  We will be accepting any and all donations at tailgates so we can give back to the community that we spend a lot of time in.  The events will be as follows:

September - Almost Home Pet Rescue
October - Coats for Kids
November - Lafayette Food Pantry

A few words from Vincent regarding the Almost Home Rescue:



Vincent the Pooch here to talk to you about the SCTC charity event for September.  First a big thanks to Master for typing, as you know I'm getting older and I just can't see the computer screen as well anymore.  (I just refuse to wear corrective dog lenses, that's just not a flattering look.)

I'm always glad to see all you humans in Lafayette during football season, though some of you seem to be a little goofy after the games.  I'm lucky to have a great rescue home but some dogs (and cats) don't have a huge extended family like I have to love on me.  This September I hope that you'll spread some of that love as the Stone Cold Tailgating Club will be collecting donations for the dogs and cats that live at the Almost Home Animal Shelter in Lafayette.  My kind and I would greatly appreciate your assistance in the form of any donations.

The Almost Home humans will accept both cash and "in kind" donations.  A list of donation items can be found below:

  • Dog and cat treats. No colored biscuits, please.
  • Cat and pocket pet litter. Any brand, clay, corncob or paper litter only, please. We do not use scoopable litter. Special Kitty Cat Litter from Wal-Mart is great!
  • Esbilac, KMR and puppy and kitten nursing bottles and nipples
  • Advantage or Frontline topical flea preventatives
  • Dog toys. Kong toys, hard rubber bones (Nylabone, etc.), tennis balls, rope bones
  • Cat toys. Balls with bells, catnip toys, fur mice, etc. Nothing with strings, please.
  • Food and water bowls, all sizes (metal only; no plastic bowls please)
  • Pet carriers and cages, all sizes
  • Rabbit pellets and alfalfa hay
  • Hamster food and treats
  • Peanut butter
  • Heating pads
  • Chew sticks, exercise balls, wheels, and small cardboard boxes for pocket pets
  • Towels, blankets or rugs, any size, new or used

No comments: