First a reminder that we are collecting for Almost Home animal shelter in Lafayette this month. Please see this post to find a list of "in kind" donations. http://stonecoldtailgating.blogspot.com/2018/09/charity-events-2018.html
We welcome in an ACC opponent this week for Homecoming. When the #23 Eagles roll into West Lafayette it will be the first time that Purdue has ever faced them. It is hard to know what to expect given that BC has only played one real opponent and Purdue has lost three games by a total of eight points. I would like to think the Boilers give us a great Homecoming gift and get in the W column on Saturday!
As most of you know my current job has me travelling to Boston on a regular basis. You all probably also know that I explore almost every place I travel to by trying their local food specialties and their beer. On the food front we will have a good menu including Lobster Rolls, Cape Cod chips, and our own take on Corn Chowder in the form of a side salad. I'm sure that you all have heard of a little company called Sam Adams, but I'm here to tell you that there is a wide array of spectacular beers in the New England region and Boston specifically. While we won't have only New England beers, we will have some to sample. (We will also have Hot Dogs for those of you that aren't keen on Lobster Rolls.)
We will be meeting in the W lot on Saturday morning, but since it is homecoming weekend I've listed a schedule for the entire weekend. I look forward to seeing everyone soon!
Friday September 21, 2018
1:00 Anyone staying at the SCTC Lodge 1814 is welcome to arrive
I really don't have a solid plan for Friday, we'll play it by ear.
Saturday September 22, 2018
8:00 Depart House
10:00 Food Ready (Time is approximate)
11:00 Teardown/Clean Up
11:30 Depart for Stadium
12:00 Kickoff
6:30 Dinner
Post game everyone is invited over to the house for a postgame meal, drinks, and cards. We may head over to Harry's or out elsewhere in the evening. I see that there is an Oktoberfest in lafayette that day, and we all know I can't resist a good German festival.
Sunday September 23, 2018
10:30 Breakfast at Vinton
Thursday, September 20, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment